Been playing this for the last few years. Helped me get through lockdown!

It’s been around for long enough that there is absolutely loads of content. I love that there are several different ways to play, too. I love housing and decorating, but there’s casual questing, end game content, PVP, crafting… It’s fun!

I don’t know if we’re permitted to post links that that here, so I won’t. But if you go to the Epic Games store, it’s free through 27 July.

Happy questing!

• comicallycluttered@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yeah, this is a good one. Works surprisingly well for solo playthroughs, too. The base game for free is a great deal. Lots to do before you get to the later DLC.

Good writing, voice acting is miles above all other Elder Scrolls games, the magic and abilities are really fun (don’t know if it’s available with this free version, but Necromancer class is fucking awesome).

And so. much. lore. If you ever read the books in any of the games, there’s a particular individual who often comes up in necromancer books which sometimes net you a skill point in Conjuration in Skyrim. This game fleshes out that entire story.

You also get to discover areas we haven’t seen much of. Elsweyr, Black Marsh, Summerset Isles, High Rock, and more. Every province, basically.

Literally my only complaint is that I really loved Molag Bal’s voice actor in Skyrim and this new one doesn’t hit as hard for me. Actually goes for a few of the Daedric Princes. I know why people didn’t like his voice, but I fucking loved Hermaeus Mora in Skyrim. Also doesn’t hit as hard here, but it doesn’t matter much.

I should actually maybe get back to it. Kind of burned myself out, but now feels like a good time to jump back in.

There is some stuff (other than the story DLC) which essentially requires real money, but none of it is particularly necessary (although one could argue that the crafting bag is absolutely necessary, which I wouldn’t entirely disagree with).

• orcawolfe@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

They got the Skyrim voice actor (wes Johnson) back for old Herma Mora for the new expansion in Apocrypha. And they had him go back and rerecord the old voice lines as well. I think they did that with Dagon as well.