Every right-wing accusation is a confession.

• fubo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

If Jared knows that he himself is a pedophile, then he’s likely to think there are a lot of other pedophiles around — just as the guy who cheats on his taxes thinks that everyone does it (or is a fool not to). He’s busily hiding his condition from his wife, so he’s well acquainted with all the sneaky tricks that pedophiles use to do that.

He’s also possibly into an ideology that says “all men are really pedophiles, and it’s unjust anti-male oppression that they’re not allowed to molest all the kids they want”. So he’s up for defending other pedophiles who are also into his ideology, while also using the social trick of “accusing other people of being pedophiles” to get his way politically.

He thinks this is clever. It turns out that the FBI has heard of it before, though.

• Veraticus@lib.lgbt
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

This is a good analysis.

What I think it misses is that if he gets arrested he won’t claim being a pedophile is normal for men, or that males are being oppressed. He’ll say: “but I’m white.” In-group membership confers immunity to any crime. And the opposite, that failing to belong to the in-group makes one guilty of any crime, is also true.

• fubo@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 months ago

Oh sure. But now it’s not just “but I’m white”; it’s also “but I’m conservative.”

And therefore, “the system is supposed to be on my side even when I’m literally trying to tear the system down.”

The January 6 traitors attacked the police so violently because they felt betrayed by the police. After all, the traitors were decent white-supremacist conservatives; and thus were on the side of letting police murder black homeowners or leftist protesters — therefore they’re on the side of the police … right?

• Veraticus@lib.lgbt
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Because it’s never been about finding pedophiles for them. It’s about killing anyone that they don’t like, and the way they convince you to do that is by telling you the most shocking and revolting lies possible.

Obviously the Neo-Nazis can do whatever they want; they’re the right kind of people. The wrong kinds of people deserve to die, and to a fascist, any lie in service of that goal is as good as truth.

They truly are the scum of the Earth.

• Viatorem@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve noticed a lot of folk who do bad things advocate for harsher punishment for said things, I assume it’s to try and cover themselves in a sort of “why would I advocate for more punishment for A if I’m A?” Defense

• evatronic@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

The “self-hating <insert minority group here>” trope is a trope for a reason.