• Smoogs@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Right?!? I spend way too much time researching each product over actual use of the product. I had to deep dive to the level of “where is this product produced and who are their relatives and what is their mother’s maiden name??”

• AsheHole@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

There used to be an app or site called “buycott” or something and you could set what you were trying to avoid(example: avoiding human rights violating companies, avoiding specific companies, morals of certain companies, etc.), and you could scan an item and it would tell you. I used it for a tiny bit years ago but didn’t stick with it. Not sure if it’s still around.

• nbafantest@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I dont know if I’m missing something, but I decided to look up nestle…

I use coffee mate coffee creamer, but its just coffee creamer. I use Purina dog food because a family member works there, but theres like 100 other dog food brands on chewy, I could use.

Idk what I’m supposed to be outraged about. What evil is there in coffee creamer and dog food? Am i missing something?

I mean i hate that americans buy wasteful bottled water when they dont need to, but that makes me more angry at Americans. Theres tons of bottled water brands.