I wrote MinimalGPT in about a weekend as a minimal chat client where everything is stored client side (chat messages aside obviously).

Entire conversations are stored local to your browser instead of a database etc…

Supports both GPT3.5 and GPT4 as well as basic DALL-E image generation. Possibly Bard integration in the future if anyone actually wants it.

The GitHub is available here

It’s nothing crazy, but for a simple chat client without any BS it is nice.

You have to provide your own API key but they hand them out like candy so have a blast!

Edit - Pushed out a small update that adds a toggle for auto saving new conversations. If disabled new conversations are only saved (locally) when you press the save icon.

After a conversation has been saved it is automatically updated/saved every time you send a message from there on out.

• SimpleDev@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You might double check the API key is correct.

Also make sure you have access to the model you’ve selected, you may not have GPT4 access by default if you’re using that.

I believe it’s GPT3.5 by default and you can request GPT4 access.

• EraNet@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

It gives me a GPT3.5turbo and GPT4 options. Not sure what’s “turbo”.

I am just a regular 3.5 user

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Turbo is just what they call their 3.5 model for some reason.

Odd it’s not working for you, seems alright for others at the moment. The only other thing I can think of is something blocking JavaScript or the browser LocalStorage.

• EraNet@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Should this work on an Android device (I am using a brave browser), or just on desktop?

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            1 year ago

Should work on any platform, Brave might be blocking some scripts.

If it works on the desktop or chrome mobile etc… it’s probably just Brave being overly aggressive.