What did you think? Post your thoughts here

• Calcharger@kbin.socialOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Personally, I feel kind of let down. Maybe I was expecting something else, but this was very much an Oppenheimer biopic instead of “nuke scary”. I saw in IMAX Digital so maybe I am missing something from not seeing in true 70mm, but the forced perspective of the explosion in act 2 just didn’t do it for me. I thought I was going to leave the theater shook, and that just didn’t happen.

• grahamsz@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

The nuke scene was perhaps a little underwhelming visually, but I thought the sound design made up for an awful lot of that. It undoubtedly focused more on his own experience and internal conflicts than addressing the broader horror of the bomb, but given that it was very much a biopic and not a breakdown of the manhattan project - I think that fits.

I found it very impactful, it’s still occupying most of my thoughts even though I saw it yesterday.

• Hogger85b@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I saw it in 70mm and think the frame rate of digital might be better my peripheral version picked up the flicker on the very white “black and white” scenes to the point couple of.the really light scenes made me nauseous