I’ve seen a few hundred of these emails in the past couple days coming in from multiple different companies.

I’m looking for more info.

at least one said it was zendesk, most did not say any software.

the tickets are being sent with CC addresses that contain large email lists. often others on the CC who don’t know what’s happening will reply “stop emailing me”.

so far I’ve seen this coming in to multiple addresses and none of the sending companies are familiar either.

sounds familiar to anyone? any info on this? it’s there a name i can lookup to find more info? i want to know what services this effects so i can properly protect my stuff and my work stuff.

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Whose your email provider? Or do you self-host? If you have a provider you can report the spam to them so they can update their systems.

• Knighthawk 0811@lemmy.oneOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I’m using Google. I’ve done that too. protecting inboxes is step one for sure, but i also want to know the extent of this. it’s not enough for me to just block the emails and leave it at that.

if it keeps coming and i fail to block them all i want to have some info on the intent of this so I can properly educate others i work with to defend ourselves

• Sanctus@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

Oh, we have a self-hosted exchange behind a watchguard and protected by Trend Micro. I haven’t seen very many of these emails you mentioned and it could be because of them. Though I can say we do get spam and malicious emails relentlessly from Gmail aliases.

Edit: as for intent, initial emails are usually always to confirm the address is a valid or active email. So make sure no one responds.