• Sterile_Technique@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I can’t really comment on how much is a sufficient amount of training for law enforcement, cuz fuck if I know. There’s certainly no shortage of problems from cops, but is the root of that problem their training? I suspect it has more to do with the quality of applicant / screening in the hiring process. There are a handful of kinds of people who’d be interested in a career in law enforcement, and most of those are the kind of person who shouldn’t be trusted with ANY authority.

You can’t train someone out of being a shitty person.

Tbh the column on the left is the one that elicits more of a ‘seriously?’ from me. Why in the everliving FUCK would I need more than a couple youtube videos worth of insight + a cert showing you understand how and why to clean sharp shit between clients to give hair cutting or nail painting a shot? Result might not be pretty right out the gate; but legally speaking, who cares? Price it low until your skills increase.

• BassTurd@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

You might not be able to train the shitty out of a turd, but you can raise the cost of entry and weed out some dingleberries. If the required effort is higher and the time commitment greater, it might deter some folks.

• GladiusB@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

You can’t train the shitty out of someone? You can have them supervised for a lot longer and if they have the pattern they fail. That is the exact purpose of pointing out the difference.

• Mirrorgiraffe@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

If any cop is as good at their work as I am on Slay the spire they’d do their job properly, shitty person or not!