“Backs out”, as in, it’s like the back button is randomly pressed while viewing an image zoomed and panning around it.

I thought this was just a gesture getting triggered by mistake, but I do not see the gesture arrow on the screen when this happens.

Edit: I just tried an update and reboot to no avail. Also, I just discovered that I don’t need to be zoomed in to the image for this to happen. When I open an image and drag it up and let go, the pic with snap to center again and then back out of the image by itself.

• First@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

More specifically, I think any gesture that swipes across the edge of an image will close it, which makes it impossible to view the edges of a zoomed image, like the /r/place screenshots.

I prefer the way Relay for Reddit handled images:

• Double tap and then swipe to zoom in/out, instead of requiring a two-finger pinch
    • Single tap to close image/go back
    • Swipe to move around in the image
    • remotelove@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

It’s almost fixed in 1.0.97 for me? When I drag the image up or down too far, I get some haptic feedback that it’s about to back out before it does.

• anowhere@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

On Google Play Store, search for Connect for Lemmy, then look for Beta Tester and sign up. The next time you get app updates, the Connect beta version should be available for installation.