I don’t have a switch but my friend does and although she loves the Pokémon tcg she’s never played a Pokémon video game so I’m looking at getting her a Pokémon game to play, any advice appreciated

• chrizbie@lemmy.nzOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Let’s go Pikachu is considerably cheaper in my region, would the gameplay be much the same do you think?

Nevermind I just looked it up, they are remakes of earlier Pokémon games which suggests to me that they’re quite reliably good games

• DonSerrot@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Oh, forgot the Let’s GO games in my other comment. They are the same game, just your starter is either Pikachu or Eevee depending on what version you get. They are a sort of retelling of Red/Blue/Yellow. I had fun with it, but it is pretty much just Pokemon Yellow HD.

• Duchess@yiffit.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

yeah pikachu/eevee are versions of the same game, and they’re both remakes of gen 1. i’d recommend them, i got a lot of enjoyment out of them.

• chrizbie@lemmy.nzOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I imagine if you’ve never played a Pokémon game that would be a pretty great place to start

• Duchess@yiffit.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

if you’ve played pokemon go it’s a good way of bridging the gap, but if you’ve never played any pokemon games i’d probably suggest sun/moon for the ‘core’ experience.