“We have issued the last package that we had withdrawn and for which we had funding,” John Kirby said. White House National Security Council strategic communications coordinator John Kirby said at a briefing Thursday that “the assistance we were providing has come to a halt.”

The White House official also said it is very important that Congress continues to approve the allocation of money to Ukraine. He stressed that Kiev needs help more urgently during the winter period.

• ZK686@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I love how we can’t get anything done about our borders from the Democrats, yet, when THEY ask for more funds for Ukraine, the Republicans are just supposed to say “sure!”

• Zess@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Border states are turning down billions in federal aid to try and make Democrats look bad. I guess they’re convincing some dumber people.

• ZK686@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Spoken like a true Democrat. Sincerely, someone who lives near the border.

• Seasoned_Greetings@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

My guy, the border is a boogeyman issue republicans push to win elections and try to make democrats look bad. For all the bloviating they do, republicans don’t do anything about the border either.