I don’t understand, there is no proof of genocide in Israel but YEARS of evidence against China and Russia. Can anyone explain this to me?

• reddit_sux@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

ICJ case against Israel is I think a way for countries whose voices are being vetoed to be heard.

Russia is being called out for genocide all over the world. There is a warrant out for putin’s arrest for that crime.

China is also being panned the same way.

Israel meanwhile is drowning the cries of genocide by calling any mention of it as Anti Semitic speech.

West in my opinion should grow out of their shame about what they did to Jewish people. And start calling out them for the horrors Jewish people are doing.

• angstylittlecatboy@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

West in my opinion should grow out of their shame about what they did to Jewish people. And start calling out them for the horrors Jewish people are doing.

Mild disagree. What needs to happen is that the shame has to be about what was done instead of who it was done to.

• reddit_sux@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Israel is bullying the west using that shame to get to do what the west does. West let’s it continue more because of greed hiding behind the shame.

West has done far worse to Africa and other parts of Asia. It just feels less shameful about it since there is less profit there.