• erranto@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

If you live in a western rich country, than you have definitely benefited directly or indirectly from the imperialist empire, the western coalition has invaded many countries, ousted many governments, installed puppets governments everywhere there interests are at stake, and are keeping the weak developping countries in marching orders, if anyone of them would dare misalign they threaten them with bringing “democracy and freedom” …

• Squizzy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

My country did none of that so fuck off with your all as bad as each other shite. My history is clean and if I benefit from speaking English or whatever you’re going to say I’d consider it a silver lining and not a benefit of imperialism.

• nomous@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Are all the citizens responsible for all the actions of their governments?

• erranto@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Well if you claim that democracies embody the will of the people, than all the citizens bare responsibility of their governments, except those who actively oppose such policies with political action but are outnumber by the majority.