Ars spoke with community mods about where Reddit goes from here.

• CadeJohnson@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I (tediously) deleted my posts and comments - wow that was a book! I am not deleting my account however - there is no useful data in the account existence, imho.

But speaking of trust, and such meta-issues. I wonder where I will INVEST such effort again. Kbin and Lemmy and fediverse in general have a lot of potential, but it is VERY DIFFICULT to assess engagement. I know they want people to not chase “likes”, but on the other hand, a person wants to put their effort in a place where it seems to provide the most social value. Reddit upvotes gave that in some degree - though a brilliant reply that was misplaced could still be downvoted. I don’t see how the fediverse can prosper and be a repository of accumulated wisdom, if there is no way for the community to call out wisdom when they encounter it.

• roofuskit@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Reddit will be restoring your comments. They already started restoring mine. I am using Power Delete Suite to overwrite them all through my browser on repeat until the API changeover. I assume they are just rolling back a single version and may only keep so many edits in the database. So I will just flood them with changes.