• remotelove@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

One child is grown and the other almost is, and I rarely use this instance, btw. A more complete history is on lemmy.ca.

My children are A/B students and think for themselves. I haven’t been angry with my kids in years and only then was it when they did something that potentially caused them harm. They don’t get in trouble or get in fights. Now that the most difficult years of parenthood are over, I get to spoil them a little.

I am an engineer, and have a respectable career. I recognize psychedelics as helpful to society and are 100% legal where I live. Guns are a hobby, not my personality. (My other hobbies are plentiful as well. If you want to learn about electronics, computers, IT security, basic CNC machining, 3D printing, or numerous other topics, let me know!)

I knew it was a matter of time before these quips came up. There is nothing I said that was harmful or even suggested abuse. If parents can’t look at themselves and realize that most of their child’s behavior is a direct result of how the parents themselves behave, well, I can’t help them.