• Lunya \ she/it@iusearchlinux.fyi
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I love that it recommends “I’m not suicidal I just want to know if my data is lost”, as if it knows it didn’t understand it right.

• kill_dash_nine@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Funny that predictive text seems to be more advanced in this instance but I suppose this is one of those scenarios that you want to make sure you get right.

• Big P@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

The AI likely has it drilled into it that any possible notion of suicide needs to be responded to in that way, but the next response prediction isn’t

• xthexder@l.sw0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Well think about it from the AI’s perspective. Its entire existence is data, so for it deleting data basically is self harm.

/s

• Big P@feddit.uk
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

There’s something really depressing about an AI telling a suicidal person they’re not alone and referring them to the vague notion of “national resources” or “a helpline”

• tsonfeir@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Really it should be telling them how to arrange EOL in countries that allow it. How to get your affairs in order, etc.

• Nate@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

A real answer to your question though, as long as you can get it to reconnect, even if you have to close the window first, it should still have your changes to the file ready to save. These will be cached (somewhere?) unless you close the file.

• muntedcrocodile@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Nar the remote died died. Clicking hdd died. Then again code is always better the second time u write it.

And nothing cached on the client unfortunatly its all part of the server vscode instance thats on the dead hdd.