And what do you think about the new format for releases?

I think it’s true that nothing captures the imagination of the community like a big new expansion, but it sounds like that’s not what expansions will be going forward.

• brawnybunkbedbuddy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

And what do you think about the new format for releases?

Sounds not that good on the paper and reminds me more of season pass or DLC type of content but we’ll see how this will work out in the nearest feature. I want to know how much it’s gonna cost and how often they’re going to ask me for such purchases.

• sina@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

The way I see it mini expansions will be similar to past living world episodes in every way, just we need to pay a price upfront & there won’t be more freebie maps. If Anet comes up with some cool expansion defining feature, I think they may make another “big” expansion yet. (I would take a long wait over useless, super forced features like the Jade Bot)

• Meldrik@lemmy.wtfM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I am actually rather concerned… Isn’t the expansion supposed to come out this summer? Summer is here and we haven’t heard anything…

No hype to bring in the masses and it’s even more difficult to hype small expansions. I’m not that optimistic, but I hope for the best.

• Rossel@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’m afraid that ANet resources are all being used for their unannounced projects, leaving GW2 development dry. The last 2 releases have been pretty lackluster imo.