That’s mostly it. I guess the combination of Duolingo and conjugation can be quite effective.

Also, that’s after a year of living in Spain

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Also, that’s after a year of living in Spain

You realize of course that’s the thing that helped far more than the Duolingo.

• BlazeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Well, she doesn’t have that much Spanish friends (it is possible to hang out in English speaking circles in the city where we live). Her flatmates were also non-Spanish speakers, she works in an English-speaking environment.

She told me that being dedicated with the app helped, because you only get so much of Spanish when most of your interactions happen in another language.

However, she plans to stop Duolingo now that she has the classes, as they are of course much better.

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Nonetheless I imagine it’s impossible to escape the benefits of immersion in that kind of environment. Though the app probably complemented her learning quite well. It always helps to have more different ways to learn.

• BlazeOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Probably a combination of all tools, indeed.

For instance, she passed the conjugation part of her level test mostly thanks to that conjugation app.