Surely, this can’t be a coincidence.

• Firefeet@pawb.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Handy storage spot :b

I hadn’t heard of Barkleys before, but it has been ages since I’ve had some nice mints so I am going to see if I can find some of those 😂

Also, seeing that tin made me miss the tangerine Altoids Sours.

• Underwaterbob@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

The Ginger and Orange are my favorites. Given, I’ve only had two flavors, and the Cinnamon ones were good, too.

They only started appearing in Korea recently, so I bet they’re super popular somewhere else.

• Firefeet@pawb.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I am going to buy those and try them :U Thank you for the link! That seems like a cool project by that candy store, too, what a neat idea!

• Zoop@beehaw.org
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

Ooh, yay!! I’m excited for you! I hope you love them! I’d be interested in hearing how they are and how they compare to your memory of the original Altoids kind, if you happen think of it once you’ve tried them.

Also, totally agreed about it being a cool project by that candy store! They’ve got lots of cool projects where they remake old candies. Sometimes they track down the old/original equipment and everything. It is super neat!!

• Telorand@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Altoids have been around since, like, 1790. Barkleys have been around since 1996. This is the first I’ve heard of them, and that’s likely because Altoids as a brand is almost as ubiquitous as the brand Velcro.

I read that some folks find them to be much stronger, so I’ll have to look for some as well!

• arglebargle@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

Altoids as a name have been around a long time, but they have been just candy ever since Mars bought them. They aren’t even made or marketed in the UK anymore.

I miss altoids.

• PsychedSy@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Hit up pd.net. They have a version of them that’s pretty decent. He went through flavor tests with patrons and adjusted it based on their feedback.