• SchizoDenji@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Some of the boards are legit helpful and good too. You can stay away from /r9k/ or /b/ or /pol/ and be fine.

• EmergMemeHologram@startrek.website
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Oof I used to be a regular on r9k and now I cringe so hard about it. Thank God it was anonymous.

I was going through a tough time and the people there accepted me and engaged with my posts. In hindsight I think people just connected with my anger, but the venting was helpful.

At some point a friend saw my laptop and said “holy shit you’re asking 4chan for advice, hahaha what the fuck is wrong with you” and she laughed until she was wheezing, and I never went back on again.

• Thomrade@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

The /tg/ board was the source of some of the greatest tabletop RPG content I ever saw in the 2010s, really great discussions and whole homebrew systems born out of threads that just pitch cool ideas. Of course it came with the same veneer of snark and shock comments as the rest of 4chan but that was on every site in the 2010s. I haven’t been back there in a long while so I can’t speak to it these days.

• Captain Howdy@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

/tg/ is the same as it always was. That type of nerd never changes much. I still go there on occasion to see what’s up in indie RPG and wargames.