A team of psychologists, social scientists, philosophers and evolutionary researchers affiliated with multiple institutions in the U.S. has found evidence suggesting that the slight advantage males have in navigation ability is likely due to differences in the ways male and female children are raised.

In their paper published in the journal Royal Society Open Science, the group describes how they studied navigational skills in multiple species to find out if there might be an evolutionary basis for one gender or the other having better skills.

• saltesc@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

To clarify, the comment I replied was modified. It initially mentioned that almost all male/female differences are cultural. It was modified to refer to gender. I’ll leave my comment unedited because of the discussion below.

See how your comments have little pencil icons in the top-right and mine does not?

You also glossed over the words “almost everything” which initially I thought were unnecessary for obvious reasons, but thought I better add just in case some idiot comes along and starts hurdy-during.

Frankly, I’m inpressed. I didn’t anticipate someone to be so full of shit, clearly. You win purely on brazen effort. I don’t know what the prize is, but I don’t want it.