I normally use random websites or get the paperbacks. But I’ve been wondering how others do it?

Thanks 🥰

• CJOtheReal@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Kotatsu, or a Tachiyomi fork that is still maintained, or the new thing the guys from Tachiyomi are working on.

Dont use “official” apps because they are ad ridden and the companys behind them are the lowest scum in human history.

• kikuri@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I don’t read much on mobile (paperback > e-reader > phone/tablet), but Tachiyomi Mihon is great to get notified about new chapters and download them.

Also fuck Kakao.

• cobysev@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Convert digital manga (or comics) to .cbz or .cbr file format, copy them to my Android tablet, then I use a bookshelf app called Perfect Viewer to read them.

I can do this on my Android phone too, but the screen is too small for some of the more detailed comics, so I prefer my 10" tablet for reading. An example of the latest things I’ve been reading:

• Toes♀@ani.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Oh that’s a great idea, I might go this route if those other apps don’t work out

• Itte@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I’m still using tachi because I’m too lazy to make the switch. Maybe when the extensions dont work anymore

• Stern@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

I just use the mangadex app which isn’t really a app and just more of a dedicated browser

• ReluctantZen@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Tachiyomi with (mostly) Mangadex (well, one of its forks anyway), Manga Plus and CDisplayEx/Kuro Reader for digital stuff I bought on Kobo and removed the DRM from.

• licherally@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

I’ve been using the manga plus app on the Google app store, and it’s pretty good. I pay like 2 bucks a month and get to read jjk, chainsaw man, MHA, black clover, undead unluck, and some others that are less well known. I’m sure there’s a better (or free) app, but I have yet to find it. I think Boruto/Naruto, bleach, and one piece are also on there.