Main points: He plans to make moderators popularly elected to more easily vote them out.

Hopes the next frontier will be subreddits as businesses.

He does not want Reddit employees to take on the work. Moderator hours were valued at 3.2 million last year, 3% of reddit’s revenue.

• NEKRONIUM@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Doesn’t matter what changes he makes I’m never going back to that site that it’s filled with karma farmers, bots and onlyfans spamers

• crilen@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yea I’m actually glad there’s an exodus of people who care. The ones who don’t, I don’t care about them either.

• Cap@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

When the subreddits went private I visited reddit three times, then a couple of times the next day, then once the following day. I haven’t visited today and honestly I’m not missing it too much. If I get the urge to visit I just come here and it acts as my reddit nicotine patch.

• HappyHarryHadron@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        1 year ago

Yeah I’ve been the same, and when I’ve browsed the comments there is so much aggro. Makes me wonder if it’s always been like that and I was just blind to it.

Overall, the experience here is 1000 times better than Reddit

• ethane@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Well this will bring me back to reddit… So I can vote out the mods who want to reopen the sub.

• eatmoregreenfood@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Honestly fuck reddit. I was so tired of it, but there was nowhere else to go. At least I can develope a more healthy relationship with social media here