Idk it just seems to work/look better and doesn’t sign me out whenever I go on some certain instances

• foggenbooty@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I definitely prefer the app because it has a critical feature for me: tap to collapse

I read a lot of the comments and being able to quickly collapse them is absolutely essential. There’s no way I’m able to hit that tiny little box in the webgui on mobile.

I’ve signed up to support the dev because honestly, for an alpha this is pretty good. It seems to get timeout errors all the time even when the vote goes through, and you’re right it’s annoying that it can’t load Lemmy links internally, but it’s a great start and I hope it continues.

• zockerr@lemmy.fmhy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Jerboa was the reason for me to take the plunge and actually create an account. It feels very similar to Sync out of the box which I have been using to browse Reddit before. But there are definitely some rough edges still that need to be ironed out.

• PirateSaysAye@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Absolutely not! Clicking on links to a LOT of other communities/posts ends up opening a web browser within Jerboa to view the content. I got so tired of it that I moved to the mobile web site and now the user interface is consistent.

• EddyBot@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

checkout the Android App settings in Open by default > Add link
      in latest app update they added new community links

• PirateSaysAye@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

Yeah, so there are 8 links, but thousands of Lemmy servers. This will never scale and there’s no way I’m going to go do that every time I update, which will never have an up to date list of all relevant domains. This isn’t even a valid workaround, much less a real solution unfortunately.

Also, those are all second level domains, but I’m seeing most Lemmy servers are at subdomain level. This means the system would be trying to send say mail.lemmy.ml to Jerboa, which it isn’t equipped to handle nor would I want it to.

• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That’s fixed in an upcoming release. I forget if it’s 0.0.34 or whatever comes next, but that was implemented in the last week.

It’s a fast moving project, so check back in every week or two. It may be a bumpy ride in the next couple weeks as lemmy (the server bit) gets a new release and instances slowly upgrade, so have some patience with it in the meantime.

• VoidCrow@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

That is very true, the app is definitely not perfect and I still do use desktop for moments like those, I just find that more manageable than it signing me out everytime I’m on certain instances

• Cyder@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Yes, with that autoloading thread bug on the main page, the web is kinda unusable for me. But Jerboa has worked fairly well for most of my needs

• joshhsoj1902@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

All I know is the app. I find it’s alright, definitely some gotchas, but overall it seems to be working fine

• averagedrunk@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m back and forth. I made a Firefox app and it works. I use Jerboa and it works. I’m waiting to see which one comes out on top in the coming weeks before making a decision.

• humanplayer2@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

I think you can follow kbin magazines with your lemmy account, an then I suppose they’ll show up in Jerboa.

You cannot use Jerboa as a client directly for kbin.