• gibmiser@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Wholesome af. Insert something about kindness transcending all language or some sappy shit

• irish_link@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Good for this dude. It’s actually really hard making friends at that stage in life and he went and did it.

• ivanafterall@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Not to sound like a mid-90s Diane Lane movie, but it really is what happens when you “put yourself out there.”

• Daft_ish@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

This is what it looks like when people who have wealth have no problem sharing it with others. Not monetary wealth but rich in community.

• PoliticalAgitator@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

It’s also what it looks like when you treat people as people, rather than trying to win a split second of approval by being racist on 4chan.

• Yokozuna@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

When I was a cook in west Hollywood I was basically the only white dude in the kitchen. Honestly was the best time I had with coworkers while I was there. They were hard, good, and funny workers. One night after a super stressful shift one of the other cooks was giving me a ride home and we stopped at a gas station he came back with two 40’s and said “this is for the relax”. I’ll never forget that crew.

• TheBest@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

BOH is the perfect case study for how forced tight knit interactions can form into cultural melting pots. Lets break some barriers people.

• can@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

‘thees ees my ese he work at (any restauraunt in the entire city)’ just over and over

This is my _____??

• PoliticalAgitator@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

That sounds like exactly the “bullshit stereotype lifted straight from a movie” that you’re trying to pin on others.

Real life isn’t a Billy Joel song. All that 99 out of 100 people need from a bartender is “What can I get you?” followed by getting it.

Even more bizarrely, do you honestly think that a stranger who is drunk and oversharing qualifies as a friend? Do you think therapists have patients, or do you think they’ve just got a lot of super cool friends they hang out with all day?

• Vincent Adultman@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

When I worked for a big hotel company, people didn’t care about the bartender. While I was there, the cooks received a small tip and said they never received one. I think it depends where you are bartending. Party with drunk people? Yeah that’s your scenario. Rich people that only look/talk to you to ask for something, my case and maybe anons case. I didn’t find anything racist, tho. Would like to know what is racist/xenophobic.