Hello together,

for the last 2 years i worked on a passion project of mine: emuze

screenshot

My main goal for emuze is to have a emulation launcher that is as fast and simple as possible. With this you don’t have to configure every emulator and fine tune metadata of your roms. If your roms are named correctly, a click on the import button should import your emulators and roms altogether and therefore no configuration is necessary.

If you are curious please try it out and let me know what you think: https://github.com/bmsuseluda/emuze

I know that there are a lot of apps these days that are similar to emuze, but opinions and preferences can be so vastly different, that no launcher before clicked with me.

• Corroded@leminal.space
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Looks pretty neat.

What would you say separates this from Emulation Station? I think it has the option to automatically fetch art and info as well

• bmsuseludaOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

i think the main difference is the ui itself. emulation station looks great but is build for a console like experience only. with emuze the ui is more simplified with the sidebar for your systems and a main part with a grid of your games. i like this simplified approach more. on top of this it is usable with a mouse like a typical desktop application but also with a controller on a tv.

• bmsuseludaOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

sadly no, because i do not have a mac. Right now the following systems are supported:

• windows
      • linux with flatpak support
      • steam deck