Although i didnt look at data on “leftist” anti terror groups etc. There seems to be alot of far right radical groups worldwide that are organizing and deploying very quickly, efficiently and in large groups…Why does it seem like they are growing and organizing so efficiently? Is it because theyre generally protected by militant police states and act with impunity to some degree? Are they better at the internet? Is it because they are united in hatred, and leftish groups are coming from many different communities of thought? What is making them (the right radicals) so effective in organizing and building propaganda campaigns etc…?

• masquenox@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

How can a population of people that dont support a fascist white supremacy combat that type of force.

I’m afraid the news isn’t good - antifa can beat the fascists off the street, but that won’t matter if the liberals give them the keys to the tanks. The way the Weimar liberal regime essentially gave the proto-fascist Freikorps all the support and protection they needed to massacre working-class revolt in Germany straight after WW1 is a text-book example of how liberal regimes will essentially “prepare the ground” for fascism - that process is very far along in the US (I’m going to assume you’re asking this in connection to the US).

How could a population organize something that can even compare to the power “they” have?

It’s do-able… but not easy. There is no such thing as fascism without resistance. It all depends on what support the anti-fascists have. There is no shortage of people in the US willing to fight fascists - more people than are willing to die for fascism, I’d say - but will power and organization is not enough. Logistics is the crucial thing. If the fascists have APCs, who will supply the RPGs?