I find that i can spot AI Images fairly easily these days, especially the sort of fantastical tableaus that get posted to the various AI communities around lemmy. I’m tired of seeing them; it all looks the same to me. Was wondering if im being too sensitive, or if other people are similarly bored of the constant unimaginative AI spam…

For the record, I block any explicit AI Art communities that pop up in the feed, but there are more every day…

• GilgameshCatBeard@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Punching a short sentence into a text field and expecting to be called an artists is the same as asking a computer to write a song for you and saying you’re a musician.

It’s an affront to art, and cringey as fuck when these AI “artists” think they’ve accomplished something.

• Limpopop@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

I hope all those traditional artists are paying royalties to the people who invented their instruments and brushes and pencils. I hope they are paying royalties to Monet for being inspired by his work, and to Neaderthal Tregg the first to sharpen a stick, et al.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Everyone that creates shit. You want me to name everyone? Check instagram. There’s plenty of these talentless wannabes posting their garbage there.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                edit-2
                5 months ago

My refusal to answer your stupid question is in no way the proof you needed to make your ridiculous point. I saw your “gotcha” a million miles away kiddo. And it’s dumb. Therefore I am refusing to let you lead the discussion in that direction.

Oh, and by the way…

The whole- yu diDn’T aNsWeR me sO tHaT mEaNs i’M riGhT!” trope has never worked on people that actually know that that isn’t how things work. I get that your friends in school kick rocks over shit like that, but it doesn’t work in the real world.

I’m not obligated to answer dumb questions by immature children trying to create an argument out of my opinion.

AI isn’t art.

Deal with it.

Lastly, how exactly am I a theist? I’d love to know how you made that leap. Should be hilarious.