Sponsor: Get 10% off Squarespace purchases (https://geni.us/BqEpf)DellDell) currently has a sale on its Alienware R15 pre-built gaming PCs, so we decided to take …

• CIWS-30@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Not too shocking. A lot of pre-built vendors screw things up. I don’t actually enjoy building my own PC’s, but do so every 5 years or so to avoid all the bullshit and low quality crap that so many OEM “Gaming” PC sellers try to foist on gullible consumers.

Plus, I can usually save at least a hundred dollars or more off their asking price. To be fair though, I live 40 minutes away from a Micro Center, and it’s worth driving there to pick up everything once from there every half decade or so. I used to do comparison shopping and buy bits and pieces off of Newegg, Best Buy, Amazon, etc. but after going back and forth, realized that just buying it all at once from there was cheaper, faster, easier, and also made returning / exchanging things much easier. Plus, a lot of online stores have just gone to shit over the years, especially Newegg.