I was pretty hyped for the new prince of persia game (the lost crown), but come to find out it’s only available on ubisoft’s proprietary launcher or epic games. Nope, and nope.

I just want to have it available on my usual storefront, Steam, but it’s been decidedly omitted. As a long time fan of the old games, this kind of hurts. Especially since many of the others -are- available on Steam.

I wonder if/when it will come out for Steam. These platform exclusivity deals need to die.

Edit: It’s also available on several consoles, my post was just from a pc gamer’s perspective.

• Kedly@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Yeah, Steam has DRM. Its the least annoying DRM that exists entirely because they gave us one of the best shop fronts that exists on PC as a trade off. And all companies have the right to sell their own games on whichever store they wish. Unlike Epic, Steam doesnt buy the exclusive rights to OTHER companies games, its just their own games. Your imaginary competition utopian dreamland doesnt exist, and you’re turning optional mole hills into mountains in order to pretend the best option we have is bad. If you don’t like collectible trading cards and the least annoying DRM ever created, go buy on GOG, EPIC UBI and EA all have FAR WORSE practices

• Kedly@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Valve saw a demo and was impressed by it to the point they funded the full game, damn you guys get desperate to paint Valve in a bad light.