I have been consistently following a 16-hour fasting regimen for about a month now. However, I am unsure about the best time to exercise, as I feel like I won’t have enough energy throughout the day since I fast until 12pm.

I would like to know when is the optimal time to work out. Additionally, could you suggest some equipment-free routines for weight loss?

Currently, I have started incorporating short runs or brisk walks into my daily routine to improve my stamina. However, I am hesitant to try other workout routines I found online because I’m worried about performing them poorly and looking uncoordinated.

Please assume I am a beginner/noob about workout. I don’t want to feel my shoulder will pop off on my first day hehe.

Thanks.

Sorry for my English.

• sqw@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Tough to say, consult a dr. But probably the best time will be whenever you feel you have the most energy. Can be hard to match that with a fasting regimen where the body goes into energy conserving/low energy mode.

• Hatch@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

When i first started the 16 hour fasting it was a tough adjustment. Hunger arrives because I broke my usual eating patterns and headaches sets in. Eventually adjusted to the changes, did not feel like doing anything but had to just do the workout, through sheer will. I feel tired, but my health improved because of it. After working out, I feel a lot better, and I have felt noticebly stronger when doing some lifiting for everyday task.

I’d say do them but start small, adjust and increase it over time. During the fast my wil was brittle, felt like my body was eating itself, didnt want to think about anything. Perseverance and if you mess up, start again. Good luck and stay strong.

• eclectic@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I don’t know about a “best time”. I guess whatever works for you. For me, I do my workouts after work, after I have broken my fast. I eat around 1_2pm then my classes start at 5.30pm.