Since there was already post about “what class” will you play. Choosing alignment is as important. So what alignment do you usually play and will chose for BG3?

I have replayed BG1 and 2 as chaotic neutral and Pathfinder kingmaker as chaotic good. This time I was thinking maybe lawful evil. Has anyone played early access with lawful evil? How did you feel about choices and consequences?

• pyrflie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

As near as I can tell from EA the game ditches the alignment system altogether with only Paladin having something close in their oaths.

That said from the way that I’ve played through the EA so far my characters have fallen into NG for my Paladin, CN for my Barbarian, LE for my Bard, LN for my Wizard, and N for my Druid. So how I play it will probably depend on background and class.

Edit: On the whole I think Larion’s version of the Inspiration system tied to character backgrounds will probably have a bigger impact than Alignment. A pool of 4 possible rerolls on failed skill checks/saves when needed, provided your choices reflect a party member’s background, is a fantastic system and one of the better means of implementing it in a video game that I’ve seen.

• Ysellian@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I can’t play evil. Always end up feeling bad haha. I’m always a bit chaotic, either neutral or good.

• Hairyblue@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’m a goody two shoes. I play Lawful Good characters. I’m sure Baldur’s Gate 3 is going to have a lot of gray area. Let see if I can make everyone happy…

• Sneezycat@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Not lawful, not evil. I can’t play evil characters because I feel too bad for everyone else :(

And I can’t play lawful characters because fuck authority >:3

• Cotillion@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Hah my dilemma when i play Mass effect. This run i will go full renegade and the moment i need to be mean to my companions i break the character.

• GeoGio7@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Either Chaotic or Neutral Good. Evil is usually just kind of cringey in CRPG’s