• ANGRY_MAPLE@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

It didn’t have a removable battery, but I used to use an older Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL that really kicked arse.

It had cards slots, a headphone jack, a built in radio that used wired headphones for signal, and the damned thing was as reasonably waterproof as I could imagine a smartphone to be. It’s camera was pretty great for the price, too.

Well, one day it fell very hard on a sharp rock, and the screen shattered. The crack made a hole a few milimeteres deep, and it was about a centimetre wide. It might not sound like much, but the crack in the screen was very much there. My happy arse managed to then have it fall out of my pocket and right into the flush of a high-powered toilet.

I left it to dry for one day, and it worked almost like new again. It still powers up today, but the since security updates stopped years ago, i don’t use it anymore. IIRC, it wasn’t too expensive, but I forget if there was a sale going on at the time.

I hope I can find another phone like that around that general price point one day. I can dream haha.