Fantastic video battle report of a mission of the 1st edition Space Hulk supplement Deathwing.

• Pleb@feddit.deOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

They sure would be handy.

The video inspired me to finally paint up my 3rd edition Space Hulk box. And maybe get some current Deathwing Terminators to play Space Hulk with them too.
      Well, maybe after I painted up all my Dropzone stuff…

• setsneedtofeed@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I’ve currently got a bag of somebody else’s 3rd edition genestealers to paint up for them on my desk. They are fantastic sculpts, though it’s going to be a job to properly base them.

• Pleb@feddit.deOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

They are lovely indeed. The Terminators too. Back when the box was more readily available I saw a bunch of people basing the minis and playing them in 40k.
          But I plan on just using them for Space Hulk (if I find someone to actually play with), so luckily no thoughts about basing required on my end.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

Yes the terminators in that box are great too. The lightning claw guy is fantastic in particular.

Since we plan on only playing Space Hulk, the basing on the genestealers (and maybe the marines in the future) will not be GW standard. I’ve got a bunch of one inch wood squares I am going to use. This is the exactly same size as the board squares, so it should make things look neat.

Currently a lot of the provided genestealer sculpts have bits that are bigger than one inch, so they ever so slightly overhang the squares which bothers me more than it should.

• Pleb@feddit.deOP
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

Ooooh, an inch of wood as a base sounds like a great looking idea.
              I can imagine that the overhang would be annoying, but spontaneously I don’t see how you could fix it either.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                5 months ago

It’s on the sculpted thin rectangular part of the base of many of the genestealers. It’s longer than an inch, which when you have a lot of genestealers piled up is a little annoying.

My plan is to clip that section down and then hide where I cut down with lots of greeble on the wood bases. I’ve done DIY Necromunda bases before so I’ve got plenty of materials left over.

• Pleb@feddit.deOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  5 months ago

Ah, I thought you meant the genestealers themselves hanging over, gotcha. Yeah, clipping a bit of the base and hide it with something should work.