• jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Planetary is a fantastic read, especially now that it’s completed and you don’t have to wait 2 years for the next issue to show up.

The basic premise is this: large pulp, comics, and sci-fi events actually happened and were covered up. The Planetary organization uncovers the truth behind the events.

The current book “Outsiders” from DC is an official sequel to Planetary.

• NielsBohron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

The current book “Outsiders” from DC is an official sequel to Planetary.

That’s a good tip, as I love Planetary and was totally unaware of this series (clearly I don’t keep up on current DC titles that well!)

Is it any good? I don’t see much information about it online after a (very) quick search.

• jordanlund@lemmy.worldM
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

It’s DC centric instead of being more generally Pulp, comics, sci-fi.

When I first looked through the first issue, I thought they were just knocking it off. Dude in a white suit, kick ass woman, the Drummer… but then a Planetary guide pops up at the end.

link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

One of my very favorite series from that time period (edit: and probably ever). I think I actually have a copy of this on the way as a family member got it for me as a Christmas present. So, I can’t speak to the specifics of the omnibus, but you could do a lot worse that starting Planetary for the first time (in fact, I’m a little jealous you get to experience it for the first time)

• Splenetic@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It’s a great series, the jla/batman/authority crossovers are also worth tracking down

link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

the jla/batman/authority crossovers are also worth tracking down

I believe they’re included in the omnibus version.

At the very least, I’m pretty sure I remember some of them being included in the earlier collected editions, so I can’t imagine they’re not in the omnibus.

• Splenetic@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Oh excellent! I read them as physical copies when they came out so wasn’t sure

• rekabis@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

That puzzle piece is not meant for the missing spot.

That piece is missing the button edges.