• Deceptichum@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Oh sorry, I originally had another link but changed it to a more reputable source without checking.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/fights-break-out-at-bendigo-mosque-protest/62dqgo9v3

And here’s the link I wanted to avoid using but it does offer the better insight despite being a shit company

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/bendigo-mosque-protest-antimosque-and-antiracism-protesters-clash-20150829-gjaml8.html

• gapbetweenus@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

About 300 people opposed to the mosque broke through police barricades and started punching anti-racism protesters on the steps of the Bendigo Town Hall on Saturday afternoon.

Seems like the Nazis were the one doing the punching. But than again we also have militant antifa in Germany (love those guys) - that’s just not a very effective way of fighting an ideology. People don’t change their believe after getting punched in the face - go figure.

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Eh it was pretty even, but yeah they had buses of people and we only found out they were coming on the day so certainly outnumbered and the cops were not helping us that’s for sure.

Maybe, maybe not. In the end the mosque was built and they stopped coming down. The result was all we could ask for.

Oh and mad respect for German Antifa. You guys literally invented it.

• gapbetweenus@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

Sorry for antagonizing you, you seem like a decent dude - a bit radical for my taste and we disagree on bunch of topic, but at least we agree that nazis are bad. I take it.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            5 months ago

Yeah, nah you too mate! I’m certainly a bit of a dickhead, so I won’t blame ya.

I always grew up being told I’d get less radical as I got older but iunno I just look at the state of the world post 2000 and I’m seeing all this shit come back that I thought was left behind 100 years ago. It’s tiring.

• gapbetweenus@feddit.de
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              5 months ago

I became less radical as I grew older. Not sure if it’s a good thing, but it definitely less stressful.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                5 months ago

What? I’m a staunch atheist, I just support people’s right to be religious without getting attacked by racists.

You sound really upset by all this, so I’m guessing your worried about getting bashed for being a fascist.

• ParsnipWitch@feddit.de
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  5 months ago

Threatening with violence everyone who doesn’t approve of your opinion. Your behaviour sounds absolutely fascist.