I hate Google photos because I feel it’s too invasive with that cloud backup that you never really know if a photo is online or on device, so I disabled it in my Google Pixel.

Now Google camera is broken, says it can’t show previews until I enable Google photos again.

Is there any workaround? Tried with many other galleries, but seems it’s hard coded to Google photos…

• Moonrise2473@feddit.itOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The pics were already uploaded to the cloud, but once you delete from cloud, they get deleted from the phone automatically. I want to keep them instead

• FeelzGoodMan420@eviltoast.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

I’m so confused. Sorry. Can’t you just unlink your account from photos and then delete them from cloud on desktop? I am currently using photos without an account and have never had an issue like this. And I HATE things that make you use accounts.

• FeelzGoodMan420@eviltoast.org
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

No it doesn’t. I mean maybe initially but just log out! I mean by all means keep it disabled. Do whatever you want. But there is an easy solution for your issue and it involves literally like 2 clicks. Sorry if i am misunderstanding the issue.