Recently I installed Linux Mint 21.2, I already updated it and installed some programs.

Any tip about configurations or programs?

• Fecundpossum@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    Español
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Right on. Well, Btop as a system monitor is fantastic. Nala is a command line front end for apt which makes you command line update and install experience prettier and more human legible.

Luckily for you, you won’t be using nvidia, because nvidia drivers, Optimus, and multi monitor support would be a big wall of text, ask me how I know. Even though it’s all supposed to “just work” on mint, I had a lot of issues. I’ve recently abandoned mint for endeavouros after the upgrade to 21.2 made steam unlaunchable. If you’re planning to use steam, I recommend the system package over the flatpak.

The flatpak versions of signal, Bitwarden, Discord, Zoom, etc are all great and foolproof if you use any of those services.

Anything else more specific that you think you’re looking for? I don’t code so I’m not much help in that regard.

• Fer24@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      Español
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I saw I can add mini apps to the desktop and the toolbar, Any suggestions?

• Fecundpossum@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        Español
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Meh. I don’t use them, but I occasionally see people use the little clock or calendar widgets. Play around. See what you like. I’m more of a clean unobstructed desktop guy myself.

Oh hey, now I’m reminded, if you haven’t set up time shift yet, do so now. If you break anything or even make a change you don’t like and are unsure how to take it back, timeshift is easy and will whisk you back to where you started.

Another bit of advice, make a bookmark folder in Firefox for any tutorials or references or forum posts about customizations you’ve made. It’s very common in the Linux world to perform a full wipe and reinstall the OS if there’s a major update. It can really help to have a reference to remake your personalizations after a fresh install.