• ToastedPlanet@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      8 months ago

Nah, allowing Trump, a fascist who will enable even more genocides, to have a second term through inaction doesn’t make sense and should be discouraged. It’s like the people who are saying they won’t vote for Biden are trying to suppress voter turn out. It seems to be accelerationists who think they will somehow benefit from the chaos and death caused by a fascist takeover. edit: typo

• Ashelyn@lemmy.blahaj.zone
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Oh I’m right there with you. I mean, I do think the system has been engineered to maximize voter disenfranchisement still, but regardless I also think it’s one’s moral imperative to participate and vote anyways. It’s the bare minimum, and harm reduction is better than nothing.

One thing I think a lot of people in this thread don’t realize is that, the more people are mobilized to vote, especially for a ‘lesser evil’ candidate that they may not be excited for, the more velocity we have to propel a more desired candidate into office.

• ToastedPlanet@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          8 months ago

One thing I think a lot of people in this thread don’t realize is that, the more people are mobilized to vote, especially for a ‘lesser evil’ candidate that they may not be excited for, the more velocity we have to propel a more desired candidate into office.

This summarizes it nicely. High voter turnout in 2024 can only help us in 2028 with a better, more progressive candidate.