As the title says I’ve noticed that in the past day kBin often freezes up when I view a thread (Firefox pops up asking me if I want to stop the tab or not). I use Firefox on EndeavourOS but I didn’t have any problems with it for the past 2 weeks.

Is anyone else encountering this/is it a new bug?

• e569668@fedia.io
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Hopefully this reaches someone on Endeavour to get as close as possible, but I haven’t had issues on Mint Cinnamon

Any particular pages? Just the main page or threads with lots of comments? Do you have any config options on like infinite scroll?

Edit: Oh I missed you did specify when opening a thread. Is it any at all? Could you link one perhaps?

• Balssh@kbin.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I had it happen both on kbin and federated threads. I’ll link one when I encounter this again.

• shazbot@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Itemize what extensions you are running and try creating a vanilla prefix (firefox -P), then testing it there, and use process of elimination to narrow down which one(s) may be the root cause.

• Balssh@kbin.socialOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Could you be more specific? I kind of get what you are saying, but I didn’t test extensions until now so it’s kind of an alien language.

• shazbot@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Well, if you aren’t running browser extensions (add-ons) in your browser, then that can’t be the cause. Sometimes extensions may conflict with the browser and drag performance, so it can be good to get closer to a vanilla state, but sounds like you already are there.

• Balssh@kbin.socialOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Sorry for misunderstanding, I should’ve been more clear: I do use extensions, namely uBlock, Tampermonkey and bitwarden, but I was also using them when everything ran smooth.
          What I meant I didn’t quite understand was “try creating a vanilla prefix (firefox -P), then testing it there”.

• shazbot@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

You can create a new prefix/profile with no extensions in it and use this as a “control” to test whether it works without those. Then, on your normal profile, start by enabling only one extension, then two, etc., to try to drill down to see if it’s localized to a particular one.