Edit: we’ve made it! Timelapse

Template: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ChaoticNeutralCzech/myRandomImages/main/jlemmybig.json
To use the template, install the r/place userscript (guide) and click the above link. If you already have the userscript, just add https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ChaoticNeutralCzech/myRandomImages/main/jlemmybig.json into the “Always Load” list.

Discord invite

Also, please no “tHiS iS eNgAgEmEnT fOr rEdDiT” comments. Would you rather have no such banner? As I’m not pushing anyone to become a long-term active user on Reddit, I don’t see any benefit for the company from this. If you have a spare account, this may be a good cause to fire it up for a few hours.

• transientDCer@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

For anyone concerned about traffic to reddit, the absolute best thing you can do is find ads next to “offensive” content and e-mail the CEOs and marketing departments of those companies saying you won’t use those products due to their ad placement on reddit. Literally nothing else will hurt them faster.

• morrowind@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        11 months ago

If you use an ad blocker and don’t buy premium then reddit doesn’t benefit from you outside of any content you post

• TheGreenGolem@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          11 months ago

You increase the daily/monthly active users count if they count only visiting people as well. Only by 1, but still. If they are using that number in any kind of negotiation with other companies to persuade them to do business with them (ad-related or otherwise), you probably wouldn’t want to increase that number.
          Not much, but it’s honest work.

Edit: I’m not talking about this message in r/place in particular. I think this is awesome!