• tigeruppercut@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

You’re projecting your ideal onto a party which relies on the very wealthy to fund their politics.

I’m not talking about the rich, because while they wield outsized clout in what their parties do, they’re a tiny percentage of the population and consequently voters. All I’m saying is the vast majority of dem voters (they’re not wealthy and they don’t benefit from the grifting that the majority that the dem pols do) are willing to criticize dems. The opposite is not true–most GOP voters, who also don’t benefit from anything the GOP elected does, will never speak a word against the people in office.

• JoBo@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Yeah, sure. Wealthy people don’t have any power, even with all those newspapers and TV channels they own, or the politicians relying on them for donations and cushy jobs once they’re out of office.

I refer you back to the Schumer quote and beg you to wise the fuck up. You cannot understand anything about this world if you do not understand how power works.

• tigeruppercut@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Dude I have no fucking idea what you’re talking about. Poor people make up the majority of the country and poor dem voters criticize dem pols. Poor gop voters don’t criticize gop pols. That was the entire meaning of my original comment.

• Burn_The_Right@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            5 months ago

The last time I checked, the right disowned that musician for clarifying that he was criticizing the wealthy right as well as the wealthy left. He was disowned by conservatives as soon as they realized he was criticizing them too.

I think you are being weirdly aggressive in your approach to “debate”, if a debate is even what is happening here. This guy is not your enemy. You should focus that anger where it’s needed, at an actual enemy.