Date Title
21st Friday Stuck in a Time Loop: When All Else Fails, Be a Villainess Volume 1
Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire ♀ Volume 9
The Game Master Has Logged In to Another World Volume 3
24th Monday The Invincible Little Lady Volume 3
25th Tuesday Asumi-chan is Interested in Lesbian Brothels! Vol. 3
Ayakashi Triangle Vol. 4
Secrets of the Silent Witch, Vol. 4
Banished from the Hero’s Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside, Vol. 9
Didn’t I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (Light Novel) Vol. 16
Modern Villainess: It’s Not Easy Building a Corporate Empire Before the Crash (Light Novel) Vol. 3
She Professed Herself Pupil of the Wise Man (Light Novel) Vol. 8
Stars of Chaos: Sha Po Lang (Novel) Vol. 1
Sword of the Demon Hunter: Kijin Gentōshō (Light Novel) Vol. 2
26th Wednesday Only the Villainous Lord Wields the Power to Level Up Volume 2
Ascendance of a BookwormPart 5 Volume 5
27th Thursday The Mythical Hero’s Otherworld Chronicles Volume 4
I Surrendered My Sword for a New Life as a Mage Volume 3
28th Friday Reincarnated Mage with Inferior Eyes: Breezing through the Future as an Oppressed Ex-Hero Volume 3
You Like Me, Not My Daughter?! Volume 1
  • holemcross@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Is Average Abilities any good for these last few volumes? I shelved it around book 10 or so as I felt the formula was getting pretty stale.

• NineSwords@lemmy.mlOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

It’s FUNA. Doesn’t really matter which volume or even which series you get, it’s all the same. But for me there is enough time between releases, so that I don’t burn out on his formula.

• EnmaAi22@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m excited for Modern Villainess Vol. 3. It’s such a unique style and very entertaining (if you’re into economics)

• EnmaAi22@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

It’s an ‘Isekai’. I put it like that because it doesn’t really have any similarities to normal isekais. Main character, who is decently knowledgeable about economics due to her work, dies in 2008 at the peak of the economic crisis in japan. She is then reincarnated into the main villainess from an Otome game she played. The games and now world’s setting is set before the year 2000 and thus before the dotcom bubble. Born into a 4 year old, who is the daughter of a big zaibatsu in Japan with influence and money, but on the decline.

The world is basically exactly the same as the real world. It describes Events as they really happened in the world. Lots of historic events from that time are Incorporated into the story.

There is no fantasy or similar things whatsoever

So that’s the main Setting

Her goal from now on is to save Japan’s Economy from collapsing… The actions she undertakes are detailed extensively with explanations of the economic principles and words. Japanese politics also play a major role as they are intertwined with the Zaibatsu and econoy as a whole. Of course, she has knowledge of the ‘future’ due to her reincarnation, enabling her to pull off certain moves and ************* ;)

It is written in a way that is very detailed and in depth, forcing you to re read pages if you’re not very familiar with economics, which could make it tedious to read if you’re not In these topicd.

And then there’s also of course the interpersonal dialogue, as with her ‘helpers’ or friends from school or family relationship’s. These are written in an endearing and charming style, getting you interested in their relationships and characters.

Summary: it’s like those fantasies you may have where you return to being a small child with all your knowledge, buying Crypto in 2009 and selling at Peak, but you need to be careful because your parents want to take your money away, and ofcourse be careful not too crash the global economy into total crisis with your actions while saving your own country’s globalized Economy from total collapse.

I hope this wasn’t too detailed or anything, was on a train and had time to spare rambling about this LN haha.

There shouldn’t be any real spoilers apart from the very beginning of volume 1.

• NineSwords@lemmy.mlOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Thanks. I think I’ll give it a try. I only have “normal" knowledge of economics so I’ll have to see if I can follow.