We Asked A.I. to Create the Joker. It Generated a Copyrighted Image.::Artists and researchers are exposing copyrighted material hidden within A.I. tools, raising fresh legal questions.

• Jarix@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Yes. Thats what these things are, extremely large catalogues of data. As much data as possible is their goal.

• EdibleFriend@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

True but it didn’t pick some random frame somewhere in the movie it chose a extremely memorable shot that is posted all over the place. I won’t deny that they are probably feeding it movies but this is not a sign of that.

This image is literally the top result on Google images for me.

• Jarix@lemmy.world
        cake
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

Why would it pick some random frame in the middle of its data set instead of a frame it has the most to reference. It can still use all those other frames to then pick the frame if has the most references to.

But im starting to think maybe i misunderstood the comment i replied to.

Sorry, im way out of context with my reply, totally my fault for reflexively replying.

Uhhh would you accept i didnt have my coffee yet and hadnt got out of bed yet as an explanation?