I built my 3D printer a couple of months ago, but I can’t get it to print sharp corners. The corners in the picture should be 90°, without any fillets:

During this test print, I played with multiple parameters: speed, temperature, acceleration, junction deviation, linear advance. All of these were also individually tuned previously. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Could this be a issue with the construction of my printer? I’m beginning to think my hotend isn’t rigid enough, but then I would at least expect better results at low speeds.

Edit: the printer is a CoreXY of my own design running Marlin 2.1.2.1. The Slicer is PrusaSlicer with most settings left as default (but increased speeds)

• elDalviniOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

It’s a printer of my own design running marlin. I’m going to try disabling input shaping, but if I remember correctly the problem was already there before I ever enabled it.

• JiveTurkey@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Input shaping shouldn’t be the problem, it’s mainly there to limit ringing. I’m not sure what marlin calls it but if you were using klipper I’d say you need to tune your pressure advance.

• yokonzo@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Just throwing it out there cause I don’t think it’s been mentioned, but could it be possible your belts aren’t tight enough? I could see something like this happening if they slip a bit when trying to suddenly change direction.

what happens if you try just moving it 10mm, is it going the expected distance at the expected pace?