I built my 3D printer a couple of months ago, but I can’t get it to print sharp corners. The corners in the picture should be 90°, without any fillets:

During this test print, I played with multiple parameters: speed, temperature, acceleration, junction deviation, linear advance. All of these were also individually tuned previously. Nothing seems to make a difference.

Could this be a issue with the construction of my printer? I’m beginning to think my hotend isn’t rigid enough, but then I would at least expect better results at low speeds.

Edit: the printer is a CoreXY of my own design running Marlin 2.1.2.1. The Slicer is PrusaSlicer with most settings left as default (but increased speeds)

• elDalviniOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

This is a 40x40 cube printed in vase mode:

The corners look pretty okay on that:

But I don’t see these kind of results on real-world parts. I guess I have to print some more test parts to narrow down the problem.

• rambos@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Cube looks good, but corners are rounded bit too much I think (at least the one on 2nd pic)

• rambos@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Your design CoreXY reminds me on belt issues. Do you have a pic? It doesnt have to be mechanical issue, but belts must be tight and parallel/perpendicular to linear motion system.

• elDalviniOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

The belts are parallel to the axis, but I will try tightening them some more.

• rambos@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

It looks great. Ive seen some bad designs with weird belt paths, but not your case

• elDalviniOP
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              5 months ago

Tightening the belts seems to have helped, but I will have to do some more printing to be sure. Thanks for your help!