White House calls for legislation after ‘alarming’ proliferation of Taylor Swift deepfakes — Social media networks also need to do more to prevent the spread of the images, said press secretary Kar…::The White House said sexually-explicit AI-generated images of pop star Taylor Swift were concerning and that Congress should consider legislation to address fake, abusive images that are proliferating online.

• ZombieTheZombieCat@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

People care about women, you goon. Realize that there are many more important issues affecting the global landscape, we shouldn’t care about some fake naked pictures of a popstar.

This is the dumbest paragraph.

“People do care about women! That’s why ‘we shouldn’t care’ about the slew of abusive fake nude photos of them all over the internet! Literally every other problem on earth is more important than protecting women. See? I totally care!”

Don’t be obtuse and pretend you think this is just about “a popstar.” This problem and any legislation affects countless women and girls.

One thing about Lemmy is that it’s so much more misogynistic than reddit ever was, which I would have never thought possible.

• TheDonkerZ@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

I’m not the one being obtuse, I understand that this is about every woman and respecting the autonomy of every woman’s body. Overturning Wade v. Roe was the largest step back in society in the last 50 years of politics. But I like to be selective about what to talk about. I could write entire novels worth of comments on why we should care about every one of these issues. Every single one of these things is important and worth proper discussion and problem solving. My stance is that we should be more focused on not letting the world implode with all of the stupid overseas conflicts than allow the star power of Taylor Swift to distract from a larger issue.

I don’t appreciate being called misogynistic. I’d like to remind you that I’m a stranger on the internet that you don’t know shit about. I apologize that my point of view doesn’t align with yours, but to assume a horrible stance about someone you don’t know a thing about is a part of the reason why this society is so dysfunctional.

If you’d like to have a constructive conversation about how brutally misogynistic, then I’m happy to. I’m sure I could use a lesson or 2, cause I would never claim to know I have a perfect working knowledge about the issues. Only that I know enough to have intellectual conversations with other people to learn more.