Microsoft CEO calls for tech industry to ‘act’ after AI photos of Taylor Swift circulate X::Satya Nadella spoke to Lester Holt about artificial intelligence and its ability to create deepfake images of others. After pictures of Taylor Swift circulated, he called for actions

• shalafi@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

We saw it coming, we Technorati. The average citizen knows exactly enough tech to perform their job, Facebook and email, nothing more.

You and I are on lemmy. My page is flooded with Linux posts and memes. The vast majority of people have, at best, a nebulous understanding of what it is. I’ll even back up and say the majority have heard of it, but can’t identify it as an operating system. Hell, I back up further! Most people can’t give an ELI5 as to what on OS is, let alone give an example.

This is news to most. And because it hit a wildly popular star, a star who’s shown herself to, at least, seem like a great person, no drama, no immorality, no bullshit, this thing seems so much more unfair and worthy of attention.

I’m not sure how we legislate this sort of thing. Sounds like you got ideas?