Hey guys! I’m looking for an EDC light that’s 800+ (pref 1000+) lumens, tailcap switch, rechargeable via mini USB or USB-C, and less than $50– is that price point delusional?
The closest I’ve gotten is the Wurkkos FC11 but that’s a little too large for my pocket and doesn’t have the tailcap switch (which means it turns on in my pocket sometimes and I can’t turn it on as quick when I grab it). My use case is obviously flashlighty stuff but an important use for me is that it’s part of my self defense layering.

Lumintop has a “Tool AA 2.0 EDC” that is about the perfect shape (fits in my fist- not square, knobby, or fat) and size (3.52*0.73 inch), but it’s not rechargeable, not as bright as the Wurkkos (but still bright at 650 lumens), and I don’t need its 5 different light modes to cycle through if I accidentally tap the back during use. Still would recommend the light, and I thought about getting a USB-C rechargeable AA for it, but as previously stated I’d really like something a little brighter and ideally a better tailcap switch.

I browsed the forum, and I saw a couple posts about the Wurkkos TS10. It’s kind of similar in size to another light I have and is a little fat for what I’m looking for. I think the FC11 is as thick or a little thinner, and still a bit big for what I’m looking for. May still try the TS10 if I can’t find anything else. I’d still consider stuff outside of the $50 price range but I really want something inside if at all possible.

• jjnjjlr@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Noctigon KR4.

Tail switch ✓ 800+ lumens ✓ USB rechargeable X

However you can get 18650s with USB-C ports for charging. Or just grab a couple of decent Molicel batteries and an Eastshine 2 bay charger and just swap batteries.

Worried about forgetting to swap batteries? The aux lights can function as a battery indicator. You can also click the button 3 times and it’ll blink the battery voltage. So you should always know when to swap batteries.

There is a ton of led choices. You can also get 2 of one and 2 of another if that tickles your fancy. High cri or raw output. Warm or cool color temperature.

It’s worth a look in my opinion.

Another recommendation is the Sofirn SC31 pro

• Zak@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Noctigon KR4… 18650s with USB-C ports for charging

Those don’t fit in the KR4; it requires unprotected flat-top 18650s.

• jjnjjlr@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I was curious if they would or not. I haven’t ever tried one in my D4V2 so it was speculation. Thanks for the clarification!