• 7 Posts
  • 414 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 11th, 2023

help-circle

• For me, no…

I’ve gone from debian 9 to debian 11 and now debian sid without reinstalling OS on my desktop

Same with my servers. Debian 8 -> 11 all upgrades in-place. Will have to upgrade to 12 soon…

The only time i messed up an upgrade is when accidentally used the codename “bookworm” in the sources file and skipped a major version. The system tried to fully upgrade 2 versions ahead and promptly borked itself… But it was an LXC container so i just rolled back my mistake. Lesson learned…

But yeah. Full re-installs have NEVER been a thing for me since going debian. It will even happily clone to a new SSD when you need to upgrade your hardware. (As long as your new hardware has in-kernel drivers, or at least some basic functionality to boot and fix the problem, if any)

• 9488fcea02a9@sh.itjust.workstoMemes@lemmy.mlsmoking
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    20 days ago

I keep hearing how addictive nicotine is (7x more than heroin??), but in my experience, i never got addicted. Is there something wrong with my brain?

I never smoked two packs a day, but i spent at least 3 years smoking socially (2 or 3 smokes at work every day and then 2 or 3 smokes at the bar on the weekend). So around a pack a week.

But during that time, i could always just take a week or two off if i needed to. I always wanted a smoke (especially with a beer or coffee) but i could resist the urge, no problem.

At the end of the 3 years, i just quit cold turkey. I would keep smoking once in a while with a beer, but i never went back to regular smoking…

Do you only get addicted if you’re smoking a pack a day or more?