Hydrogen Fueling Systems Engineer living in Richmond, Virginia. Miata enthusiast.

• 2 Posts
  • 12 Comments
Joined 1 year ago
cake
Cake day: June 9th, 2023

help-circle

• I try to enjoy every day with nice weather like it’s the last. Even back in high school 15 years ago I would feel terrible if I knew it was nice out and I wasn’t able to be outside. Feels like we only have so many left. My last job was in a cubicle in a box inside a factory with no natural light. I nearly lost my mind. And when I talk to people about my feelings, I get talk about antidepressants and antianxiety medication. I look at people my age raising kids and I think they are so fucking selfish to bring new people into this. I feel like we should consciously choose to be the last generation and go down with the ship.

Uh. That got dark for a second, sorry about that. I recommend going for walks anytime it’s nice out, every chance you get.

• For me, the only area that ever really sucked for laser was my upper lip. I guess it all sucked in the beginning but most of the beard went away on lower power settings pretty early on. Electrolysis is 30-60 minutes of drawn out torture every week or as often as you can go, AND you have to let your hair grow out so they have something to grab when they rip the follicle out of your face… Maybe each individual stab isn’t as bad as each laser pulse, but at least that’s just once a month and over in 10 minutes.

If I was made of money I would have taken a few weeks off work and gone to Electrolysis 5000 in Texas. 4 people working the entire day while you’re on drugs or at least numbed. One and done, except it’s actually two or three times to get all the hair cycles.